I hope you enjoy my extra special blog from Scotch Lodge Farm and Craft Shop. A mixture of inside and outdoor living. My farming lifestyle, my great shop, my beautiful garden, and my wonderful family........creating the dream with a little help from my faeries.


Friday 6 December 2013

Grandma Beaty's Christmas Cakes

Grandma Beaty's fabulous Victorian recipe Christmas Cakes.
Matured for a minimum of one year and fed with brandy monthly.
The recipe for these great cakes dates back to pre 1900 and there are loads more of the recipes that I use in my cooking!
The cakes have now been fed for the last time before Christmas and can be purchased either iced or un-iced. Price is by weight £20.00/kg for the un-iced cakes and an £18.00 charge for icing.
 
 
 

 
**** If you are icing your own cake don't forget to pick up a block of our homemade marzipan and some free range eggs for the icing.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment